Turmeric is a staple ingredient which is used in almost all Indian cooking. Turmeric has an earthy taste which is unique,and its color is orange-yellow.
Turmeric is popularly known as ‘haldi’ has lots of health benefits; it contains anti-viral, anti-fungal, antioxidant, and various other properties. Turmeric benefits have been embedded in various ancient ayurvedic practices.
In this article, you will learn about the various benefits of Turmeric.
Relieve from arthritic pain
- It has been seen that the anti-inflammatory property of turmeric works like a miracle in treating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Mild joint pains and inflammation can be treated with regular consumption of the spice.
Good for brain
- It has been found in research that the compound found in turmeric helps to repair the stem cells of the brain.
- The stem cells also help in recovery from a neuro degenerative disease like Alzheimer’s and Stroke.
- Turmeric when consumed raw can help in maintaining any kind of digestive problem.
- The components of the spice help to stimulate the gallbladder so as to produce bile.
- Turmeric is used to treat any burn, cut or infection.
- Turmeric has natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties which makes it an effective disinfectant.