Tooth discoloration is one problem with which most of the people are suffering with. Besides, the people with tooth discoloration problem feel very uncomfortable and try to hide their teeth with hands while laughing.
Have a look below to know what causes this tooth discoloration problem.
- Tobacco Usage: Chewing or smoking tobacco can cause stains on your teeth. Hence, you should avoid chewing or smoking tobacco.
- Diseases: There are few diseases which affects your tooth enamel in a very bad way. Certain treatments like chemotherapy, neck radiation, head radiation and etc also cause tooth discoloration.
- Bad oral hygiene: Not brushing your teeth properly, drinking coffee and tea regularly, not flossing can also cause tooth discoloration.
- Advancing Age: Tooth discoloration also occurs as you age.
- Genetics: Tooth discoloration also occurs due to genetics as well. Few people have thicker tooth enamel due to genetics.
- Environment: Excessive fluoride in water can also cause teeth discoloration.
Tooth discoloration is of 2 types and they are
- Extrinsic: Extrinsic stains occur when your tooth enamel is stained. Smoking is also one of the causes of extrinsic stains.
- Intrinsic: Intrinsic stains occur due to exposure to high fluoride.
Symptoms of tooth discoloration
Some of the symptoms of tooth discoloration include brown spots, pits and yellowish teeth. Tooth discoloration can actually be treated with professional cleaning. All you have to do to find a solution for your problem is consult a San Clemente dentist.
Why late! It’s time to smile freely with confidence now!