When lying under the sun or on indoor tanning bed, the ultra-violet rays are quite damaging. Skin tanning tips given below will help you keep a healthy glow for long.
Tip 1 – Stay hydrated
- After using a tanning bed or lying under the sun, drink a lot of water
- Tanning dehydrates the skin making you feel dry, parched, and dizzy.
Tip 2 – Moisturizer
- Apply moisturizer directly on the skin, after tanning.
- When you are on a summer holiday, it is recommended that you use moisturize twice daily.
- Use a good moisturizer that includes tan-enhancing ingredients, which stimulates the production of melanin to help maintain the tan. Find more info about Sun Tanning Tips.
- Apply sun-creams liberally to make the tan look healthy.
Tip 3 – Frequency
- Tanning often is not good, so allow time between 2 tanning sessions.
- Frequent tanning causes skin damages and increases skin cancer risks.
Tip 4 – Apply sunless tanner
- Sunless tan lotion applied over the tan helps to keep it dark for long.
- Sunless tan lotion includes chemicals, which darken your skin’s outer layer.
- It helps to eliminate the toxic UVA as well as UVB rays to affect the tan.
- Before applying sunless tanner, it is necessary to exfoliate the skin.
- Apply lotion in smooth strokes to get best coverage.
- In case, you used a lot of sunless tanner then apply depilatory cream to remove color and you can retry for more natural look.
Tip 5 – Avoid waxing
- Avoid skin-stripping treatments that include glycolic acid, fruit acids, and salicyclic acids.
- Hair removal creams and waxing rips your skins top layer along with the tan.