Signs of medical emergency
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe abdominal pain
- Breath shortness
- Change in vision
- Coughing blood, etc
Recognize these crucial signs as soon as possible and contact ambulance services or emergency doctors.
What is an ambulance?
Ambulance is pre-hospital setup, which includes qualified team professionals –
- Paramedics or EMT
Ambulance type can be selected on the patient’s emergency needs.
Modern emergency air transport is chosen for many reasons.
- Air transport is the only means to transfer patient quickly and safely
- Patient is very ill and cannot travel long distance.
- People moving and hurt but reside in remote areas, which cannot be reached quickly using road, due to lack of development.
Equipments aircraft carries
The aircraft ambulance is equipped with advanced life support systems like –
- Oxygen cylinders
- Stretchers and more
Types of air ambulances
- Generally, hospitals or your state’s Emergency Management System manage helicopters to transport critical patients.
- These are good option for short haul and trauma related emergency flight where time is of utmost importance.
Fixed wing private aircraft
- For non-emergency kind of medical transport
- Suitable for relatively stable patients
- Never delay calling an ambulance in case of severe health emergency.
- Give complete details about the emergency medical help needs to gain the appropriate kind of ambulance.
- During road emergencies giving water to unconscious patients can be dangerous [cause water choking].
- Instead turn the patient on their left side or give compression on their chest.